Monday, November 19, 2007

"In the beginning.........


Well, I was sitting here at my desk and reading and seeing the really cool things that Brandi, Mike and Kelly are sharing and showing in their blogs and thinking wow, I wonder if I could do something like that.
Life is pretty crazy right now and I think this might be very good for the soul. I am getting ready to do something that I have never done. Take off from this business that has been my life for 25 years. Yes, I am leaving all to my trusted business partners/aka employees and going to Florida to spend 2 weeks just hanging out with my dad. Man, that even sounds weird. Hey I go something written and ever added a picture.
Well I don't want to get too carried away with a first post, so I will call this good. Anyway I need to get packing for my trip. Kelly has graciously offered to drive me to the airport at 4:45am.

6 comments:

b said...

Awesome Dad!

Wow, I gotta say never thought you would be a blogger. With that said, of all the people who's thoughts I'd like to hear, you are definitely one of them.

What has been going on in that head of yours all these years?

I look forward to knowing you more.

Regarding the trip: LONG overdue. You definitely deserve the break. Hope it will be one of many, many adventures to come.

P.S. Now that you've started a blog, you have a responsibility to your readers, if you want to attract a loyal following and get on the cool people's blogrolls (read: Kell and ours). Don't follow our example: it took us 9 months to actually start writing.
Ok, we'll add your blog to our roll right now.

Kellyry said...

4:45 is EARLY. Is it too late to send you off in a cab?

;-)

Welcome to the blogging community! Looking forward to reading about your adventures in this next stage.

Molly W. said...

WAY TO GO Kev! Welcome to the blogging world. :) Enjoy the vacay...Kel was here last night getting all pumped up for the drive to the airport...hehe....

DeniseMarie said...

Good for you, Mr. S! Going twenty-five years without a significant vacation is just wrong. You've definitely earned this one, and I hope your trip is safe, relaxing, and soul-cleansing. Happy travelling!

Summer said...

Hey Uncle Kevin! I so look forward to reading your blog! I luv catching up with Kel and Bran on theirs! I read them pretty much daily, along with all their wonderful friends!...Luv and Miss Ya!

Kevin said...

Thanks for all the comments/replies. This is going to be fun.